to Caistor Church of England and Methodist Primary School
We care, we share, we learn together
Caistor Church of England and Methodist Primary School is a friendly, warm and vibrant school for children from aged 3 to 11 years old. Throughout our year groups, from pre-school to Year 6, our pupils are happy, cared for and supported to enable them to reach their full potential and personal goals. We have high expectations and we are proud of our academic achievements.
Situated in the heart of Caistor, in the beautiful countryside of the Lincolnshire Wolds, we are part of a close community in an historic market town with Roman remains, an ancient holy well and Georgian houses.
Our pupils experience a broad, balanced, creative and relevant curriculum which is both meaningful and challenging; our creative curriculum places a strong emphasis on educational and cultural visits to ensure that all of our pupils benefit from diverse, rich and varied cultural experiences.
We believe that every child should be empowered to reach their potential and leave Caistor Church of England and Methodist Primary School equipped with all the necessary skills to make informed choices and to succeed in life long learning and independence.
We have an extensive field and playgrounds
Our school grounds and play equipment enable us to deliver the school curriculum and wonderful opportunities for outdoor learning.
Our school has a wonderful woodland area
The philosophy of our Forest School is to encourage and inspire our children through positive outdoor experiences.
We have our own school kitchen
Our freshly prepared school meals are cooked daily, on site, by our own catering team, in the school's kitchen, using local and seasonal ingredients. Our menus offer a range of balanced meals, made from healthy, nutritious food, helping children to develop lifelong, healthy eating habits.
We actively encourage parent/carer support and value the contributions that are made to enrich the life of our pupils in school.
- "Pupils' behaviour is excellent. Pupils listen intently to staff, follow instructions very quickly and work hard. They are polite, enthusiastic and friendly and enjoy coming to school".
- "The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection".
- "Teaching across the school remains good and is regularly monitored".
- "The school has formed a formal federation with Grasby All Saints Church of England Primary School...this is advantageous for the school by organising training activities where teachers are able to learn from each other and share best practice".
- "Governors are knowledgeable and passionate about their roles".
- "Parents speak highly of the school and appreciate the care and effort that staff put into educating and nurturing the children".
Section 48 Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools Report
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Caistor Church of England/Methodist as a Church of England School are outstanding.
The leadership and staff have a clear focus which is to recognise and respond to the individuality of everyone in the school community. The impact of this generates an enormous sense of inclusivity and pride in the school and its Christian values.
• The wholehearted commitment of the staff and governors to a set of Christian values and principles that are lived out in such a way that everyone feels valued and supported.
• The extremely strong relationship between the school, the churches and the local community.
• The nurturing of a recognisable and appreciated spirituality particularly through music and reflective activities.